Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter and Swings at the Park!

We hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!!! We were truly blessed this Easter to have a beautiful day, a wonderful Easter service at church and shared a delicious meal with friends.

I realized by my mom's questions lately I haven't done a good job of updating on what new things the girls have been doing. So within the past month Madeline likes to stack things on top of each other and Taylor likes to put things inside of each other. Our stacking cups and blocks are always a favorite toy. They crawl around everywhere and pull up on everything. When we tell them "no ma'am" they turn around, look at you, and usually go ahead and do it anyway. Sometimes we get through and they actually stop without us having to go get them. For Easter we have them a tiny bit of chocolate, and I do mean tiny. They loved it and were happy the rest of the afternoon, which was lovely for us! One funny story... I was changing Madeline while Taylor was on the floor playing. She crawled over toward where are wipes are and pulled the container to the floor. This is normal so I thought nothing of it. Usually she pulls it off, turns it over, bangs on the bottom and then crawls away. Well this day I finished up with Madeline and turned to pick up the wipes box and I see Taylor pulling wipes, one by one, out of the box and by this time there are about 10 sitting around her. She was like a magician pulling scarves out of a hat, two handed, at a rapid pace! It really made me laugh and I am sure there will be more where that came from!

Here are some pictures of the girls outside after church.
The girls are growing like weeds and were starting to inch out of their infant car seats. We were extremely fortunate that my cousin Marion sent us the next size car seats and the girls love them. We installed the first two in Stan's car and soon my car will have them too!


Madeline looking a little sleepy...

Taylor enjoying the sunshine...


I was able to get off work a couple hours early on Good Friday so we decided to take the girls a park that had some infant swings. As you will see below the girls LOVED it!! Needless to say we will be making a return trip to the park!

Here is Daddy giving the girls a push. Madeline (blue shirt) liked to hang over forward, she thought it was hysterical. Although it looks like she is going to fall out in this picture, it was actually way more secure and there was no fear of her falling.
Madeline enjoying every minute!


Taylor was a giggle box too...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello, what joy on their little faces! You know that there were smiles from heaven on Good Friday! Grandmommy used to LOVE pushing and watching our girls swing, and was not above a little swinging of her own! ;-) I have two more car seats here, and have found a box. Do you have any interest in two yard swings? Mine have just about out grown them. I can try to squeeze them into the two more car seats going your way. These are the strap in full back support type for little ones. Love to you all, and Thanks to Stan for the lovely e-mail a while ago (glad to have you too!), and Kristen and Girls for the ADORABLE thank you note.
OOOOXXXX, M, J, E, & C

Unknown said...

Oh, the wipes magician! Emma used to LOVE that. I recommend getting cheap, like Sam's club cheap, boxes of the pop up style tissues. Jason and I would argue over the waste/cost of this particular "toy"(we calculated a box of tissues was far less expensive than ANY toy on the market). However in a pinch having a box I did not mind her "using" (I frequently pushed them back in for re-use) would happily occupy her for a nice chunk of time. Sounds like a little coaching and she might even put them back in another box ;-) Enjoy that giggle. Em once used an entire toilet paper roll to create a NEST in the bathroom! It was hilarious, and she had so much fun doing it! Much LOVE to you ALL, Marion, Jason ,Emma, & Charlotte