The girls will be 2.5 years old on September 17th and they have been growing, and talking, like crazy! Stan went back to work in construction in June, so the girls are back in school (daycare) full time. They love school and are so excited everyday to see their teachers and friends. They just transitioned into the older two's room on Monday and they love their new teachers. I don't know what they are doing, but they are doing something right since Madeline's speech has gotten clearer in just one week of being in the new room.
We are just starting potty training. Taylor does pretty well, Madeline has no interest at all. She is one stubborn kid sometimes and I think potty training with her is not going to be fun. We haven't really gotten serious about it yet though. Right now if I ask and they say yes, then we go.
We are very fortunate to still have good eaters. They have their favorites of course, but they will pretty much eat anything we serve them. They are both also drinking out of open cups at the table and rarely spill, which is nice. We will do covered cups away from the table and in the car. They are fairly good with their silverware too. Madeline better that Taylor on that one. It is kind of funny since Madeline is the "clean" eater and Taylor is the messy eater, always.
Madeline loves to be the big helper. The other day I was in the shower and I realized we had taken my towel to the laundry room. Madeline came in to say hi, so I asked her to go ask Daddy, who was upstairs in the playroom, to give her a towel for Mommy. I heard her run off, heard the linen closet door open and close and then heard her running back, arriving with a "here Mommy" and a huge smile on her face, so proud of herself. I turned around and she had a face cloth in her hands :) I didn't want to squash her excitement of helping Mommy so I said thank you, starting drying myself off and asked her to go ask Daddy for a "BIG" towel for Mommy. In her defense the bottom shelf of the linen closet only has face cloths and hand towels on it so she did the best she could.
It is also amazing to me how much 2.5 year olds understand and can process in their minds. We were eating cereal and bananas for breakfast this morning. Taylor, my fruit eater, finished her banana and asked for another one. I said "how about you eat some of your cereal." She replied, as she pointed at the counter, "Mommy, the bananas are right over there, there are plenty." What 2.5 year old uses the word plenty?
Needless to say with 2, 2.5 year olds there is rarely a dull moment.
Here are some recent pics.
This is Taylor (on Cayman Brac) using Daddy's phone to take a picture, "Cheese"!
Madeline enjoying the hammocks on the under the porch on Cayman Brac.


No comments:
Post a Comment