Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tales of Exhaustion...

Even though the girls are really good the lack of sleep definitely gets to you. Here are a few good stories of our exhaustion...

After going to work out (I am amazed he still gets up to work out) Stan came home, walked Daisy and went to make coffee. After Daisy's walks she usually gets a treat and then gets fed. Well I guess this morning Stan was in a tired stupor because the coffee making and the dog feeding got a little mixed up when the dog food went into the coffee grinder!!! heehee
Luckily he noticed he coffee grinds didn't look quite right and Daisy got a partial meal of pre-ground food. :) We all got a good laugh and still chuckle about it a couple days later.

Kristen's parents, Cliff and Karen (Gramps and Grammy) are here visiting and helping with the girls. Karen just had hand surgery at the beginning of May and is in a cast right now. Every night Karen gets hooked up to the Ice Man when she goes to sleep. The Ice Man for those of you who don't know is a circulating cooler. It has a wrap that goes around her hand, tubing that connects to the cooler, which is filled with ice blocks and water. The water circulates through the tubing, around her hand, and back through the cooler over and over again. It speeds up healing and cuts down on swelling. Anyway... Cliff gets the Ice Man ready every night and hooks Karen up. Well this night she settled down after feeding the babies and waited to feel the cold, and waited...and waited... after waiting about 15 minutes she woke up Cliff to check it. He grumbled thinking it was going to be a busted tube or filter or something, got the Ice Man out of the room and into the kitchen to check everything and realized...he forgot to add the water :)

I am sure every parent can remember the time when they were so tired they thought "what was I thinking"! There are probably going to be many stories like these and I will try to remember to share them as they provide a good chuckle.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

You are so right about the sleep deprivation. I am trying to think of some funny stories...but I am too damn tired.

And yes, I totally agree with the comment you left on my blog. I have the feeling day 3 of no help will be rough....

I hope you are feeling better!

CJ and Meg Emanuelson said...

We loved every minute with you guys! Can't wait to see you again!
xoxo