Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Food Continues

We have continued to try new foods and so far they seem to like them all. Madeline was not a fan of the green beans, but everything else they have both liked and eaten a whole jar of it at each sitting. So far we have had peas, green beans, squash, sweet potatoes, and prunes. Since they have had such yummy tasting food now, they aren't too fond of the bland rice cereal now, so we have to add some fruits or veggies to it.

I have decided now that they are 6 months old, and adding more foods, I am no longer going to pump at work. So I nurse them in the mornings and the evenings and we supplement with formula during the day. We started the supplementation and the food in the same week. We thought we were in the clear because they seemed to like everything and took the formula without any incident. However, what we didn't think about was their little digestive systems. This resulted in a lovely bought of constipation over the weekend and Stan and I feeling totally helpless as the girls were cranky and grunting all weekend (I know, too much information). Hence the reason we added prunes to our list of foods we have eaten. The prunes worked like a charm and they are back on track.

Aunt Ginny and Uncle Pat stopped in for a quick visit on their way back from visiting Marion, Jason, Emma and Charlotte in New Mexico and brought baby toys, clothes and other assorted baby goodies! Thank you to Marion for collecting it all and Thank you to Aunt Ginny and Uncle Pat for transporting it to our house! The girls have already started playing with the toys and they will be in the clothes before we know it!

Here is another baby eating episode. I think Stan and I enjoy it just as much as the girls!

3 comments:

CJ and Meg Emanuelson said...

LMAO! SOOOOO FUNNY! i was going to call you to tell you how funny it was, but its 10 pm, so this will have to do. They just kill me! Keep the videos coming -its the best!! We love you guys!
xoxo

VA and Jay said...

ahahahaha....love the grunting comment ;)

The Butlers said...

Madeline's got the hang of that pretty good! I've never seen a baby chomp a spoon like that!