Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

23 Week Doctors Appointment

I was 23 weeks this past Friday and we had our latest doctors appointment this morning. This was just a regular appointment where they checked weight, blood pressure, urine, and pricked my finger at the lab. We then went to see Dr. Stephens, who incidentally graduated from University of Alabama. Stan so nicely consoled her on her loss to Utah in the bowl game. :) Dr. Stephens went over how I was feeling and reassured me that everything I was feeling was totally normal. She measured my belly and checked the heartbeats with the Doppler. Baby A's heartbeat was 154 and Baby B's heartbeat was 142. She said those were both normal and the heartbeats were regular and strong. It was kind of humorous as Baby A nicely sent her a little kick as she placed the Doppler on my belly. Dr. Stephens said "oh this must be the feisty one". How true it is as Baby A was the one moving all around in the ultrasound last time. Then when she moved to Baby B she said "this must be the mellow one", which yes, that is the one who was just hanging out on top. It is funny how they already have their own little personalities.
I am now scheduled to see the doctor every two weeks, so our next appointment will be on January 26th and we have another ultrasound scheduled with that visit! YEAH, more pictures!!!

4 comments:

VA and Jay said...

WOO! Glad to hear both babies are doing well. Can't wait to see the next ultrasound pic!

Carol U. said...

Congradulations, you are more than half way there! (You had me going there with an appointment on Dec. 26 - I know you meant Jan. 26 - unless you are wishing to continue the Christmas visit.
Wishing you restful nights (I hope) love, Carol U.

The Wallace Family said...

HAHA, I need to change the date from Dec. to Jan. I guess I didn't want my vaction to end :)

CJ and Meg Emanuelson said...

That's so great - as I've told you - Kayleigh and Aidan's personalities are very much what they were like in utero! So funny! You have to make sure to write all this stuff down (now is pretty much the last time you'll have time to record ANYTHING!!)
LOVE YOU!!!
Meg