Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 16, 2009

They BOTH slept through the night!!!

HUGE breakthrough, they BOTH slept through the night last night. By sleeping through the night I mean, they were both asleep by 9pm, slept all the way until 4:30am when they both started stirring, I went in and successfully gave them both back their pacifiers (a couple times) they were both back to sleep no later than 5am and then we were up for our regular first morning bottle at 6am. I don't know if that meets anyone else's definition of sleeping through the night, but it is for me since neither of them had to eat, I didn't have to pick either of them up and I was only up once. Let's hope this little trend continues.

Conveniently, I had to get up and pump at 4am anyway because I was about to explode since I last pumped at 10pm, so I was already up when the girls started stirring.

When I went in at 4:30 the girls were again back on top of each other with Taylor's left leg over Madeline's right shoulder. Which is probably why they woke up :) So I separated them again and here is the picture of the way I found them at 6am.

Here are our happy girls saying Hi to Daddy at 6am, ready to eat!

4 comments:

The Butlers said...

"About to explode" HA! I was laughing outloud reading this... probably because I know exactly what you mean :)

James has the same little duck onesie- so cute! Call me if you want to get together again!

CJ and Meg Emanuelson said...

HHOOORRAYYYYYY!!!! CONGRATS! That will change your life if that pattern keeps up! Kiss the babes for us!
xoxo

Pat and Ginny said...

Gramps says great pictures. Gin and I send our love. We just got back from Pat and Kerstin's wedding.
Love you hall and hope everyone enjoys the girls. We sure did. We think you have great girls too!

Love

Unknown said...

Yippie! That sure is SLEEP!!! Especially for newborns and new Moms and Dads! Way to go you two! The pictures of them playing are too sweet. My girls cannot wait to meet them. They ask regularly and were bummed to not see them with Great Aunt Karen and Great Uncle Cliff. Asked to check their room to be sure they were not there! We told tem they were on their own adventure to Texas! No need to check rooms!;-) Congratulations on your first flight too! Big stuff! You two are doing so well and they are too. Love to all. Hope we get to see you some time soon.
OOOO, XXXX &Love, M,J,E, & C