We started off the day with breakfast... Stan usually goes to workout on Sunday mornings while the girls and I sleep in. Since I am usually by myself by the time they wake up again and are ready for breakfast I have taken to giving them banana in these mesh feeders. It makes a big mess since they are feeding themselves and sucking banana out of the mesh pocket but who cares it is the weekend. Taylor loves it and devours two helpings which is usually about 2/3 of a banana. Madeline likes it and will eat some but it is definitely more of an appetizer for her. It keeps them occupied while I make their cereal which is really all I can ask for.
After our messy banana eating which Taylor ended up getting in her hair, we decided we would bathe them before church. Normally we bathe in the baby bath but I had acquired these two bath seats (one from my cousin Marion and one from a mother in the multiples group) so I decided to give them a try. As you can see below they worked out wonderfully and I could bathe both girls in half the time. I think they had fun too!

Then we got all dressed up in our pretty dresses, took a little snooze while mom and dad got ready and headed off the church. The girls were again great in church and spent most of the time crinkling paper and looking around. They each found a little nap time during the sermon as well.
P.S. We usually do bath time in the evenings so this morning bath was a little out of the ordinary and it ended up being very funny. The girls seemed to really like being in the seats so I finished actually bathing them and decided to let them splash a little bit while I squeezed water on them. Well all of a sudden I noticed Taylor grunting... and grunting only means one thing... POOP! As soon as I noticed what she was doing I whipped Madeline out of the bath before it floated downstream, handed her to Stan, let Taylor finished and grabbed her out of the bath too, laughing the whole time. Stan and I got a good chuckle out of it for most of the day.
(I know too much information for some of you, but it makes me laugh even now) :)

No comments:
Post a Comment