Here is what a typical day of bed rest looks like for me an Daisy. Although usually Daisy is curled up in my back or side to share warmth, but it is 70 degrees here today so I guess she is trying to stay cool. Magazines and books at my reach, computer to check e-mail and TV available if I want it, however TV has gotten pretty boring so I really don't watch too much. What is missing from this picture is the bed table that Sandy nicely let me borrow. It is on the bed pretty much all day and has been a lifesaver. It has pockets on the side for my magazines and other stuff and is great for using the computer because it is getting hard to see the computer keys over my growing belly.
A typical day consists of local news and weather in the morning while I eat my cereal, checking e-mail, reading a book or magazines, news at 6:30pm, Jeopardy at 7 and then whatever else amuses me on TV after that. I still get up around 6 or 7 am since the girls are hungry and go to bed around 9 or 10pm. Of course sprinkled in all day long are the never ending bathroom trips, yes, I still drink tons of water each day with my water bottle constantly at my bedside. Lunch and snacks all day long are also of course a must. With Stan working from home it has definitely been an adjustment for us to be around each other all day, everyday, with me able to do NOTHING, but I think after the first couple of days we have now adjusted and he is very tolerant of my requests. He has definitely taken on all the burdens of the apartment... cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, walking daisy...

Today the highlight of my day was a shower so I figured I would take another picture so you could all see my growing belly! With me laying down all day when I do get up I can really feel the weight of them. There is over 8 lbs of baby in there already and hopefully more this week!
Stan set up the pack and play with the twin bassinet on top this week so that it is ready for their arrival and so that Daisy could sniff and get used to having it around. She loves when boxes come to the house and is always around to help us set things up. Once it is all put together it has lost it's fun and she is done with it.

2 comments:
Hang in there girl! You can do it! You look great! Love and miss ya!
You're a supermama! What an amazing job you're doing! Thanks for taking such awesome care of my beautiful nieces!! Can't wait to meet them and see you soon! Love you mucho!!
xoxo
Post a Comment