Saturday night around 6pm Kristen got discharged from the hospital. It was definitely with mixed emotions as it was very hard to leave our little girls there, but I was very glad to get home. It is nice to have all the help of the nurses and technicians while recovering but the hospital is definitely NOT restful. Between the nurses checks, medication, and the technicians blood pressure and temperature checks someone is coming and going often. My room was also close to the nurses station and the snack area so I could here people calling for assistance and people getting snacks and drinks at all hours. So needless to say my first night back at home was welcomed rest. Even with getting up to pump at night I still got more rest than when I was in the hospital.
We are welcome in the Special Care Nursery any time except shift change so we went and fed and held the girls today and I spent some extra time there with them while Stan and his parents went to see the progress on the house. The Special Care Nurses and Doctors are wonderful and they really make it a nice place to visit and spend time with our girls.
Here are so photos I took with my phone camera, I know a little too close :)
Madeline pulled her feeding tube out yesterday (heehee) so only Taylor has hers in still. They are still just precautionary as they eat all meals by bottle or breast.
Taylor

Madeline

No comments:
Post a Comment